Saturday, November 20, 2010

Christmas?

Today, my mother asked me and steph what we wanted for Christmas.  And being the slightly spoiled child that I am, have nothing to ask for because I have everything I need.  And im not just saying that... my parents will essentially let me buy anything (within reason).  So when it comes to Christmas, there's nothing I want. And i really try not to seem or act spoiled... but the truth is, I can't say that Ive never been deprived of something that I have really wanted because of monetary reasons.  And my dad has recently gotten in touch with some of his family who live in the phillipines, and they asked him to send them some hand-me-down clothes and other stuff we dont really use anymore.  It got me thinking... Ive got blood-relations who really dont have the means or money to buy enough clothes.  And I've got clothes that I never wear that still have the tags on them... there is something wrong with that picture. So this year for Christmas, I really want our family to do something different.  I want us to spend the money we would usually spend on each other on presents to family that really need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment